Increasing producer use of the TAFCO online automatic weather stations
Our project opens the door for producers to uptake new technology and increase
knowledge, in turn producers will be able to make faster and more accurate decisions.
The data will be used by producers to:
1. Better manage the agronomy of diverse crops and improve animal health, environmental
protection and the utilisation of natural resources, especially water and soils.
2. Improve decision making by landholders over crop selection, irrigation and spray
3. Improve risk management decision making based on real time weather information such
as frost, hail, fire, wind spray application and irrigation application
4. Improve quality assurance systems through better decision making
5. Integrated Pest Management is better able to be successfully implemented
6. Improve time management of farmers
Project led by
Related research projectsSearch all research projects
Find out how we can help you.
Find answers to our most frequently asked questions on research projects, commercial opportunities, organisations and more.
Still have questions or have feedback on the site? Please get in touch by completing our enquiry form.