General Collection Statement
Rural Industries Research & Development Corporation (RIRDC) trading as AgriFutures Australia (“AgriFutures Australia”, “us” and “we”) is committed to fulfilling its obligations under the Privacy Act 1998 (Cth) (“Privacy Act”) and the Australian Privacy Principles (“APPs”). The purpose of this Collection Statement is to notify you of certain matters as required under the APPs.
growAG. and evokeAG. are both brands used by AgriFutures Australia and adhere to this Collection Statement.
If you are providing personal information about or on behalf of an individual, you must ensure the relevant individual is made aware of this collection statement.
How we collect personal information
We collect personal information from you directly, if it is practical to do so, in the following ways:
- directly from you in the course of delivering AgriFutures Australia activities or programs;
- when you enter into any agreements with AgriFutures Australia, including Research Agreements or Provider Agreements in relation to AgriFutures Australia’s
- research activities, or Sponsorship and Exhibition Agreements in relation to AgriFutures Australia’s events and programs;
- when you submit emails or electronic forms to us (either in hard or soft copy) for matters such as signing up to newsletters and updates, registering as a
- participant for the evokeAG. conference, or registering as a promoter or user in relation to the growAG. website;
- when you attend a committee or panel meeting, or an event run by us;
- when you submit a request or query to us face-to face, in writing or by telephone; and
- through the use of automated technologies or interactions such as clickstream data, Google Analytics, cookies, server logs and other similar technologies.
Purpose of the collection of personal information
We collect personal information for the following reasons:
- to co‑ordinate or fund R&D activities and other programs and initiatives in relation to the primary industries that AgriFutures Australia is responsible for;
- to monitor, evaluate and report to the Parliament, the Minister and its representative organisations on R&D activities that are co‑ordinated or funded, wholly or partly, by AgriFutures Australia;
- to disseminate and commercialise, and facilitate the dissemination, adoption and commercialisation of, the results of R&D activities;
- to carry out marketing activities for the benefit of the primary industries that AgriFutures Australia is responsible for;
- to provide customer service support to stakeholders associated with AgriFutures Australia programs, events and/or platforms; and
- for our internal business purposes (for example, to prepare metrics and analytics on AgriFutures Australia’s portfolio of research projects, or to collect website usage and engagement information).
Collection of your personal information from third parties
We may collect personal information about you from a third party if you have been nominated as a representative or a contact person of that entity in its dealings between us and the relevant third party.
Consequences if personal information is not collected
If you do not or are unable to provide us with the requested personal information, we may not be able to provide you with the information, goods or services which you have requested or enable you to participate in AgriFutures Australia’s programs, research projects or events.
Disclosure of personal information
We may disclose your personal information to our related bodies corporate, contractors, agents and third parties in order to provide goods, services or information requested or to carry out certain R&D, reporting or marketing activities as set out above. We may also provide your personal information to our third party service providers who provide services in connection with the operation of our business, including research and analytics services.
Complaints, access and correction
We do not disclosure your personal information overseas, unless we have otherwise specified.
For more information about how we collect personal information, you can contact AgriFutures Australia at the contact details below at any time:
Building 007, Tooma Way
Charles Sturt University
Locked Bag 588
Wagga Wagga NSW 2650
+61 2 6923 6900
Last updated 20 January 2021