AgriFutures Australia, formerly known as Rural Industries Research and Development Corporation (RIRDC), are an organisation that proudly focuses on the future of Australian agriculture. We live and work in the regions and represent the interests and aspirations of farmers and rural communities.
Our vision is to grow the long-term prosperity of Australian rural industries. In practical terms, this means:
- Initiatives that attract capable people into careers in agriculture, build the capability of future rural leaders, and support change makers and thought leaders
- Research and analysis to understand and address important issues on the horizon for Australian agriculture
- Research and development for established industries that do not have their own Research & Development Corporation (RDC), including the rice, chicken meat, honey bee and pollination, thoroughbred horse, pasture seeds, export fodder, ginger and tea tree oil industries
- Research and development to accelerate the establishment and expansion of new rural industries, such as deer, buffalo, kangaroo and camel milk.
We are a future-thinking organisation; AgriFutures Australia not only tackles the rural challenges and opportunities we face today, but unearths the challenges and opportunities of tomorrow.
We place people at the centre of everything we do. We listen, connect and collaborate with emerging leaders in agriculture, industry bodies, other RDCs and government. Building on the strong foundations laid by RIRDC, we confidently set our focus on the future.
AgriFutures Australia partners with Australian rural industries and the Australian Government through the Department of Agriculture and Water Resources.
Other stakeholder groups include research providers, the CSIRO, other RDCs, compliance agencies, supply chain companies, community leaders, individual farmers and the general public.
AgriFutures Australia is primarily funded by an annual Australian Government appropriation.
Other funding sources include:
- Industry levy funds (R&D expenditure is matched dollar for dollar by the by the Australian Government)
- Voluntary industry contributions
- Other contributions come from Australian Government-specific programs, private companies, rural RDCs, state and territory governments and research providers.
These funds are invested to achieve our strategic research, development and extension goals.
HighlightsExplore all highlights
Commercial opportunitiesBrowse all commercial opportunities
Research projectsOther research projects
Be featured and enhance your exposure
Submit your organisation today.
Navigating the research and innovation ecosystem is not always easy. To make it easier for the growAG. audience to connect with you, please submit your organisations details below.
Have questions? Find answers to our most frequently asked questions on research projects, commercial opportunities, organisations and more.