Jane's Weather: $1.5m investment opportunity
- Investors seeking equity investment in a novel weather forecasting and alert system digital application
- Agritech platforms interested in API integration with complimentary services.
^This opportunity is only for professional and sophisticated investors.
Farmers need to make complex decisions about their resources and operations for optimisation and efficiency. This is often based on inaccurate, out of date or incomplete weather information. Data is not sufficiently localised, and forecasts don't provide enough detail to enable precision agriculture. To help Australian farmers boost agricultural output and manage deteriorating conditions, we’re creating an advanced weather forecasting system. This is achieved by combining top performing global weather models and training them to provide guidance specifically for your farm using on-site observations:
- We aggregate the top performing global weather models into one Consensus Forecast,
- Calibrate the global modelling to suit Australian conditions,
- Utilise machine learning and artificial intelligence to customise the forecast to the site’s unique terrain,
- Provide weather forecasts and insights to inform operational decision making, assisting in yield maximisation and mitigation of risks from unfavourable weather.
Our full-service platform delivers agriculture specific forecasts for:
- Identifying spraying windows; reducing risk of adverse chemical losses,
- Future crop growth stage predictions; better inputs timing,
- Logistics planning,
- Improved irrigation scheduling and water management,
- Actioning frost mitigation techniques in horticulture,
- Reducing stock losses from severe weather.
Powered by trusted broadcast meteorologist Jane Bunn, a familiar face in lounge rooms across south-eastern Australia after more than 15 years of presenting the weather on TV; with experience at BoM, The Weather Channel, WIN News, ABC News, and 7NEWS Melbourne.
Jane’s Weather is seeking investment of up to $1.5m from angel, corporate and institutional investors looking to facilitate the missing link in precision agriculture.
The platform has around 500 active, paying subscribers, with a monthly growth of 8% and a churn of 1.2%. Four API data feeds have been established (including Pairtree.io and DataFarming). FY23 delivered revenue of $103,000.
Our Business Model is two-fold. B2C has two tiers targeting individual weather enthusiasts and recreational users. B2B incorporates subscriptions for large or corporate farms, sold direct or via channel partners:
- Weather Equipment OEMs (including Origo, Wildeye, Kestrel and METOS),
- Marketplace/Information sites such as AuctionsPlus.
Financial modelling projects MRR of over $400,000 by Y3, with breakeven in 2025.
Funding will be used to secure two higher resolution weather models, bringing the forecast grid to 1 x 1 km; scale up machine learning from local observation networks to tailor the forecast to individual properties; and enhance the forecast with artificial intelligence. This will enable farms to fully embrace precision farming by producing essential data that is specific to both their location and operations.
The technology will be invaluable to Australian farmers, as well as those in construction, mining, forestry, fire services, aviation and logistics. 1.6 million Australians have a need to make commercial decisions based on the weather every day and we will make sure they have access to the most accurate and operationally specific guidance available.
Pathways are being established to enable global expansion in the near future, beginning with NZ and North America.
The data is perfect for businesses and companies that need a state of the art weather forecast to drive their own activities (ie any app or platform that can be improved by reliable weather information, from logistics, to crop planning, to energy trading to turf maintenance), and for businesses that serve the agricultural community (ie fertiliser sales, banking, machinery, real estate etc), so they can offer our unique insights directly to their customers.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Jane to participate in this round of investment, or to develop a bespoke solution for your weather data needs.
For further information, our pitch deck or financials, please go to "enquire now" and submit an enquiry.
^Professional and sophisticated investors as defined in the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth). The content of this opportunity is intended for use by persons having professional experience in matters relating to investments and must not be acted or relied upon by any other person including, without limitation, retail clients.
Opportunity led by
Looking for engagement?
Showcase your commercialisation opportunity today.
Talk to our team to discuss how growAG. can connect your innovation to industry.
Have questions? Find answers to our most frequently asked questions on research projects, commercial opportunities, organisations and more.