InvertiGro: Indoor Vertical Farming Series A $12 million raise - investment opportunity
- Seeking agritech savy investors (VC, family offices and corporates) who can also provide advice / support to transition from a startup to scaleup with growing sales in Australia and globally.
As climate change, food security and sustainability issues drive the urgency for the need to “grow more with less”, InvertiGro is on a mission to “feed the world the smarter way”. In an environment of increasingly discerning consumers demanding more exotic ‘out of season’, premium-quality, pesticide-free produce and businesses becoming increasingly conscious of the need to be more sustainable, InvertiGro delivers a simple, affordable, flexible and scalable solution to produce reliable supplies of sustainably-grown quality fresh produce.
Indoor vertical Farming has been identified as one of the most productive means of addressing our food security and sustainability challenges, however adoption has been constrained by the available solutions:
- affordability (high opex and capex)
- complexity (of set up and operation)
- efficiencies of scale (ease and affordability)
- inflexibility (static infrastructure inhibits scalability and crop flexibility).
InvertiGro addresses each of these challenges with a unique plug-n-play solution that is:
- quicker and more affordable to set up and scale
- simple more sustainable and cost effective to operate
- greater yields and crop flexibility to maximise revenues.
InvertiGro is seeking to raise AUD 12m Series A funds to accelerate full-commercialisation and deliver on the current sales opportunities to drive global expansion (with current opportunities in Canada, Europe and Middle East). This is savvy investors’ opportunity to be a part of the high-growth global indoor farming market (a market forecast to grow at a CAGR of 22.9% to be a $24B market by 2030) and contribute to the scale-up of an Australian-owned and patent-protected solution with global applications and growth opportunities.
InvertiGro’s flexible and scalable solutions have applications from on-farm to in-store across food, fodder and pharmaceutical markets globally.
This is an opportunity for impact investors to become a stakeholder in a profit with purpose business (having already attracted international recognition with ClimateTech 100 and FoodTech 500, and having made a constitutional commitment to BCorp certification).
As InvertiGro progresses towards full-commercialisation, their innovative farming solutions have already been endorsed by reputable investors (including Artesian through their Clean Energy Seed Fund), referenceable BETA customers, the Australian Government (through Accelerating Commercialisation grant funding) and early commercial customers including Woolworth’s, Australia’s largest grocery retailer with the launch of Australia’s first in-supermarket vertical farm in May 2022.
Potential other applications:
- Fodder – confirmed capability – seeking pilot partners to validate commercial applications
- Pharmaceuticals – have secured licence to grow hemp – seeking commercial research partners to confirm commercial applications
- Proteins – confirmed capabilities to grow mushrooms – seeking investment to fund product refinement to DFM
- Mining and remote communities – identified need for, and suitability of our technology in these applications – seeking industry/community/renewable energy partners to pilot this application of our technology
- Nursery and Forestry – confirmed capabilities for seedling germination / propagation and for a number of native indigenous crops – seeking pilot partners to validate commercial applications
- Research grade product – identified need for standardised growing conditions with full control of all environmental factors and that can be deployed anywhere – seeking research institutions to contribute to design and beta testing with a view to creating a product that is an industry standard for research applications globally.
Opportunity led by
Looking for engagement?
Showcase your commercialisation opportunity today.
Talk to our team to discuss how growAG. can connect your innovation to industry.
Have questions? Find answers to our most frequently asked questions on research projects, commercial opportunities, organisations and more.