Dairy Australia: Seeking solution providers to investigate technologies for streamlined and consolidated data collection and outputs
- Innovators, solution providers and startups/scaleups/SME’s capable of investigating novel technologies that enable the capture of farm physical data and other relevant data sources to be consolidated into one platform.
DairyBase is an online tool developed by Dairy Australia to help dairy farmers and advisors measure and compare farm business performance over time.
Whilst DairyBase has been helping more than 2,500 farmers and advisors to create annual farm performance reports and budgets and helps to identify opportunities to drive profit and manage risk there are some opportunities to improve the platform. These opportunities include the efficient collection of on farm physical data and improving the data capture about other farm enterprises.
The Australian Dairy Carbon Calculator enables farm businesses to estimate their farm carbon footprint based on farm physical data, in line with gold standard international methods. It can be completed either through DairyBase or via a standalone Excel spreadsheet. However:
- not all farmers wish to use the entire DairyBase system and function;
- using the spreadsheet is non-trivial;
- the spreadsheet contains some functionality (emission reduction strategy sandpit) that DairyBase does not have;
- DairyBase and the spreadsheet don’t talk to each other;
- data harvesting and aggregation from spreadsheet users is not automated, systematic or easy.
Dairy Australia is seeking applications for proof-of-concept research projects from innovators, solution providers and startups/scaleups/SME’s to investigate novel technologies that enable the capture of farm physical data and other relevant data sources (financials etc) into one consolidated platform.
Solutions within scope include:
- Technology to improve physical farm data collection.
Solutions out of scope include:
- Solutions that do not compliment the current on-line resources already in place at Dairy Australia
Dairy Australia has a range of benefits available for applications that can demonstrate tangible benefits for the Australia dairy industry. Benefits may include, but are not limited to:
- Access to real farms and market situations for testing/commercialisation of solutions
- Access to industry knowledge
- Connections to industry including farmers, processors, research institutes, related industries, policy and regulatory agencies.
- Mentoring and Guidance
Dairy Australia wishes to modernise the online tool to enable the capture of farm physical data and other relevant data sources (financials etc.) into one consolidated platform. Some of the key elements that would need to feature include:
- Linking financial and physical data, drawing information from several sources, and connecting
- Automation of daily data inputs directly from farm level
- Multiple output uses (reporting, business analysis, compliances, access to carbon and other markets, etc.)
- Robust data integrity.
To find out more about this opportunity or to express your interest got to "Enquire now".
Express interest by
Opportunity led by
Related opportunitiesSearch all opportunities
Looking for engagement?
Showcase your commercialisation opportunity today.
Talk to our team to discuss how growAG. can connect your innovation to industry.
Have questions? Find answers to our most frequently asked questions on research projects, commercial opportunities, organisations and more.