AgriFutures Australia - open call for research - ginger program
- Researchers, solution providers and innovators to propose research projects that address Australian ginger industry priorities
Current opportunity: The AgriFutures Ginger Program goal is to support a sustainable, growing and prosperous ginger industry supplying product of the highest quality, that is strongly sought after by discerning consumers in Australia and around the world.
To ensure the Program goal is achieved, AgriFutures Australia is seeking research proposals to address key industry priorities including using technology to increase production efficiency and reduce labour inputs; developing options for the control of significant pests and diseases; and investigating new market opportunities.
AgriFutures Australia welcomes Preliminary Research Proposals that address one or more of the specific research priorities listed below:
- Further development and training of the Ginger Ninja Fusarium detection algorithm through grow-out assessments of ginger seed.
- Review of current fungicides for pythium control in ginger and potential new control methods, including new chemistry and/or new application methods for existing chemistry.
AgriFutures Australia also welcomes Preliminary Research Proposals that address the broader research priorities listed below:
- High quality product & sustainable production system: including research on best management practices for ginger production.
- Market opportunities: including research to support the development of new and emerging markets, and innovative products and systems for new consumer segments.
- Technology and innovation: including research to deliver new technologies and big data solutions as well as new and improved tools, systems and strategies for the surveillance, prevention and management of pest, weed and disease threats, or to reduce labour inputs for the industry.
For more details about the eligbility criteria and submission process click the 'visit website' button.
Express interest by
Project led by
Related commercial opportunitiesSearch all commercial opportunities
Looking for engagement?
Showcase your commercialisation opportunity today.
Talk to our team to discuss how growAG. can connect your innovation to industry.
Have questions? Find answers to our most frequently asked questions on research projects, commercial opportunities, organisations and more.