University of Southern Queensland (USQ)
USQ is a young, dynamic university dedicated to providing quality programs and degrees in a flexible and supportive environment. In just 50 years, USQ has become a prominent multi-campus teaching and research institution providing education worldwide.
USQ’s research culture forms a central part of our differentiation as a university. It has grown from a resolute commitment to engaging with external research colleagues, our regional communities, industry and, most importantly, our students. We aim to create meaningful learning-based relationships and deliver research outcomes that provide local and global benefits.
USQ is focused on delivering applied, practical and profitable research solutions that strengthen agricultural productivity and address environmental management challenges in Australia and overseas with a view to shaping tomorrow’s farming systems.
Our key areas offocus are:
- Developing future agricultural production systems
- Creating opportunities and efficiencies in food and fibre value chains
- Improving management of risk and resilience in agriculture
We help farmers, businesses and institutions to develop profitable and sustainable business. We work closely with industry and government agencies to understand their challenges and opportunities and to develop solutions.
We believe that:
- Research that supports businesses innovation, collaborations and entrepreneurial activityis essential to the profitability of regional businesses
- Entrepreneurial leadership is needed to ensure rural and regional prosperity
- Innovation in business models and value chains is required to transform our agriculturalindustries
- Multi-disciplinary research is critical to sustainability of production landscapes and tounderstand business systems.
As a leader in Australian agricultural research, USQ is a major contributor to the productivity of Australia’s farms which each year grow $51 billion worth of produce. Industry gains of more than half a billion dollars a year are already attributed to advances in agricultural systems and technology developed by USQ.
Be featured and enhance your exposure
Submit your organisation today.
Navigating the research and innovation ecosystem is not always easy. To make it easier for the growAG. audience to connect with you, please submit your organisations details below.
Have questions? Find answers to our most frequently asked questions on research projects, commercial opportunities, organisations and more.