Queensland University of Technology (QUT)
QUT is a major Australian university with a global outlook and a ‘real-world’ focus. We are one of the nation’s fastest growing research universities and our courses are in high demand. We work closely with partners across all sectors to translate our research to deliver real-world impacts.
QUT’s user-inspired research draws on expertise from multiple disciplines including engineering, business, chemistry, biotechnology, law, design, psychology, behavioural science, sociology, education and creative industries to investigate major research questions tailored towards solving real-world problems. We deliver international research, consulting and training solutions in agriculture, biotechnology, biomass processing, and agricultural business and governance. We work closely with industry partners, research funding bodies and other research providers.
Our partners include businesses and government agencies across a range of sectors including agriculture, construction, mining and gas, pharmaceuticals and nanotechnology.
Our research focuses on:
- tropical crop solutions in bananas, sugarcane and tropical pulses
- technologies for improving the nutritional status of food, and disease resistance and stress tolerance in tropical crops
- developing advanced techniques for crop and plant disease diagnosis and control
- improving the processing efficiency of crops such as sugarcane
- manufacturing high-value green chemicals, biofuels and other bioproducts from agricultural waste
- circular food economy design and implementation to reduce waste and capture value from otherwise discarded resources.
We also have as access to a wide range of world-class research facilities to support research, teaching and learning and enable real-world results. This includes our:
- Central Analytical Research Facility which provides specialist equipment and expert scientists to help carry out analytical research.
- The Biorefining Research Facility develops innovative products and processes to build a sustainable and profitable bio-based product industry in Australia.
- The Research Engineering Facility provides cutting-edge research engineering and technology services including drones, aviation, robotics and autonomous systems.
Be featured and enhance your exposure
Submit your organisation today.
Navigating the research and innovation ecosystem is not always easy. To make it easier for the growAG. audience to connect with you, please submit your organisations details below.
Have questions? Find answers to our most frequently asked questions on research projects, commercial opportunities, organisations and more.