Dairy Australia: Seeking solution providers to identify technology that enhances Employment Value Proposition (EVP) for a career in dairy farming.
- Innovators, solution providers and startups/scaleups/SME’s who can investigate novel technologies that enhances the experience of a job seeker for the dairy industry.
The Dairy industry employs over 30,000 people on farm nationally and is the forth largest industry in the agriculture sector. Whilst there is a healthy level of cooperation between industry participants within the sector on several levels, dairy farmers still compete for people talent in a similar way to other industry. There is an estimated 20% turnover of staff within the Dairy industry annually and with historically low unemployment nationally and the reduction on international migration until quite recently, attracting people to Dairy remains a challenge.
Dairy farming involves early morning starts, is a 7 day/week x 52 weeks operation, is sometimes dirty work, and has had negative perceptions around worker safety. These factors weigh on a positive value proposition that includes working with animals, the ability to work outside, working autonomously, and the higher purpose of producing a high value natural product that helps feed Australia and the wider world.
Dairy Australia is seeking applications for proof-of-concept research projects from innovators, solution providers and startups/scaleups/SME’s to investigate novel technologies that enhances the experience of a job seeker by providing a realistic and positive value proposition of life on a dairy.
Solutions within scope include:
- Tech solutions that build on the EVP work completed to date to enhance the experience of a job seeker by providing a realistic and positive value proposition of life on a dairy.
Solutions out of scope include:
- Foundational EVP work
- Solutions that do not compliment the current on-line resources already in place at Dairy Australia.
Dairy Australia has a range of benefits available for applications that can demonstrate tangible benefits for the Australia dairy industry.
Benefits may include, but are not limited to:
- Access to real farms and market situations for testing/commercialisation of solutions
- Access to industry knowledge
- Connections to industry including farmers, processors, research institutes, related industries, policy and regulatory agencies.
- Mentoring and Guidance.
To find out more about this opportunity or to express your interest got to "Enquire now".
Express interest by
Opportunity led by
Related opportunitiesSearch all opportunities
Looking for engagement?
Showcase your commercialisation opportunity today.
Talk to our team to discuss how growAG. can connect your innovation to industry.
Have questions? Find answers to our most frequently asked questions on research projects, commercial opportunities, organisations and more.