Bayer: Testing4Ag 2023 - Novel compounds for early biological screening cascades
- Principal investigators, postdocs, startup companies, CROs, pharmaceutical companies and other non-university entrepreneurs/researchers/innovators in any country are all eligible to submit proposals
Weeds, disease, and harmful insects rob plants of water, sunlight, and nutrients, which can have a devastating impact on food production. At Bayer, we bring greater than a century of research to manage these global challenges, and we want you to help us find the next exciting class of crop protection products. We are interested in collaborating to identify novel starting points for our R&D teams, find tool compounds that could unlock new modes of action for control of fungal diseases, insect pests, or weeds and reduce the environmental impact of future products.
Through Bayer Crop Science Testing4Ag program, Bayer offer testing of your compounds against plant pathogens, weed species, insect and nematode pests or vectors using our state-of-the-art phenotypical biological assays on whole organisms.
Upon submission, Bayer computational screens will confirm that your compounds are appropriate for evaluation.
Selection will be based on novelty, PhysChem properties, and sustainability e.g., human or environmental safety alerts. To complete the initial screening steps, Bayer will request a sample of at least 5 mg. Free shipping of compounds to Bayer as well as packing materials will be provided.
Bayer is looking for:
- Research focused on the design of biologically-active compounds or synthetic methods to gain access to novel molecular scaffolds
- Sets of different compounds derived from the same chemistry.
Bayer are interested in receiving small organic synthetic or fragment-like molecules - including natural products and their derivatives - from universities, research institutes, biotechs, CROs and pharmaceutical companies.
Bayer must-have requirements are:
- 5 to 10mg of compound(s) available for biological screening
Bayer nice-to-have requirements are:
- Set of related compounds (2 to greater than 10)
- Greater than 10mg of compound(s) would allow for more detailed follow-up biological profiling.
What's out of scope: microbial strains, crude extracts or partially purified compound mixtures, virtual compounds, compounds obtained or developed outside of your institution, reactive compounds and nanocomposites.
Express interest by
Opportunity led by
Related commercial opportunitiesSearch all commercial opportunities
Looking for engagement?
Showcase your commercialisation opportunity today.
Talk to our team to discuss how growAG. can connect your innovation to industry.
Have questions? Find answers to our most frequently asked questions on research projects, commercial opportunities, organisations and more.