MLA: Australian AgriFood Data Exchange – technology vendors EOI
- Software solution providers with capability in delivering data exchange platform services and/or application developers
The Australian agrifood sector currently faces a number of challenges in regard to data - access, sharing and integrated management. These include:
- Emerging adoption of digital solutions on farm, with barriers to adoption being the multiple siloed data solutions and no easy to use platform in Australia which allows primary producers from across all agricultural industries, food industries and other value chain participants to exchange their data efficiently and effectively on agreed terms with service providers, or other interested parties such as government and researchers.
- Australia’s agrifood sector participants are unable to access and take full advantage of the huge amounts of data they are generating and efficiently transfer their data across the value chain.
- Disparate, siloed and proprietary data systems that do not enable data owners to easily access and direct the exchange of their data is leading to costly inefficiencies, poor collaboration, wasteful use of critical managerial time and loss of opportunities for the sector to deliver superior outcomes for all supply chain stakeholders.
- nuanced approaches to data taxonomies and meta data records between States and industries, resulting in lack of common data and interoperability standards.
- An absence of well-managed national agricultural and food data exchange for use by the various stakeholders within agriculture industry is limiting Australia’s production potential, causing significant supply side inefficiencies and leaving Australia trailing behind competing nations. This problem is likely to get worse as the world becomes increasingly reliant on technology and access to information.
Meat & Livestock Australia (MLA) on behalf of the Australian AgriFood Data Exchange is seeking Expressions of Interest from technology vendors for the delivery of a minimum viable product (MVP) data exchange platform. The Australian AgriFood Data Exchange initiative is supported by a consortia of 30+ partners across government, research and industry. The EOI process is designed to gather rough order of magnitude pricing information on the MVP and select priority technology vendors for reference within the business case.
Any questions regarding this EOI should be addressed to the EOI Contact Officer. Click 'Enquire now' to connect with the team.
Submissions must be lodged in accordance with Part C of the EOI. Find the EOI details using the 'Visit website' button.
Closing time for submittal of clarification questions: 27 July 2022, 2PM AEST
Closing time for lodgement of Submissions: 12 August 2022, 2PM AEST
Express interest by
Project led by
Related commercial opportunitiesSearch all commercial opportunities
Looking for engagement?
Showcase your commercialisation opportunity today.
Talk to our team to discuss how growAG. can connect your innovation to industry.
Have questions? Find answers to our most frequently asked questions on research projects, commercial opportunities, organisations and more.