Growlab Grains Challenge
- Innovators, growers, entrepreneurs and researchers working across the innovation system with solutions for the grains industry
- Solution providers from adjacent industries, including: mining, biotech (synthetic biology, anti-microbial resistance), data science, circular economy and sustainability
Industry challenge: Grains Research and Development Corporation (GRDC) and Cicada Innovations are looking for innovative deep tech solutions that can help to drive the sustainability and help create enduring profitability for Australian grain growers. From task automation and sensors to renewable technologies and genetic tools, we’re looking for deep technologies that will help growers to achieve one of the following:
- Develop new, novel, high-value products and by-products for health and nutrition, animal feed, and industrial uses or biofuels
- Generate improved data for decision-making and decision support models
- New engineering solutions that improve the operational efficiency of on-farm tasks
- Enhanced grain classification processes; or optimal management of biosecurity issues or solutions that maintain or increase profitability
- Optimise input costs
- Reduce post-farm-gate costs
- Manage risk to maximise profit and minimise losses.
Current opportunity: Successful applicants who meet the criteria of the challenge will be invited to participate in Cicada’s Fast Start Accelerator. This is a 6 month coaching program which includes a dedicated workspace at Cicada Innovations incubator, as well as access to mentors from across Cicada and the GRDC’s network.
The Fast Start Accelerator is designed to help you reach your next milestone. Support will look different for each company but you can expect to receive guidance and support on topics including:
- Refining your value proposition
- Navigating the agtech and grains industry
- Your business model and pricing
- Identifying the right customers and partners
- Getting investment ready
- Building your team.
The Fast Start Accelerator is free for startups thanks to support by the GRDC.
How to apply
- 'Click visit website' to submit an application form directly to the Growlab Grain Challenge
- Applications will be reviewed by GRDC and Cicada
- Shortlisted applicants will be invited to interview with our review panel
- If accepted into Fast Start, you will enter the program in early 2022.
Express interest by
Project led by
Looking for engagement?
Showcase your commercialisation opportunity today.
Talk to our team to discuss how growAG. can connect your innovation to industry.
Have questions? Find answers to our most frequently asked questions on research projects, commercial opportunities, organisations and more.