RFP: Effective control of listeria on rockmelons through alternative post-harvest treatment methods
Research partners with experience in:
- completing medium scale and complex projects, monitoring and evaluation
- agricultural industries in Australia, including the Australian Melon industry
- working with organisations with a similar complexity to Hort Innovation
- quality assurance and food safety.
Hort Innovation is seeking a suitably qualified, experienced and capable delivery partner for the project: Effective control of Listeria on rockmelons through alternative post-harvest treatment methods (VM20007).
The objectives of the services being sought are to:
- Determine minimum contact times at relevant concentrations for currently used sanitisers specifically to inactivate Listeria monocytogenes on the surface of whole melons.
- Determine best practice Listeria sanitisation techniques to minimise the risk of a rockmelon food safety incident/crisis from developing.
- Minimise losses which are otherwise incurred by growers due to Listeria foodborne illness outbreaks on rockmelons.
Hort Innovation has prepared a Request for Proposal (RFP) document that provides background information, outlines the scope of services, the procurement process and the information required from interested parties.
The RFP may be downloaded from www.tenders.net (you will need to be a member of tenders.net to access this information).
Express interest by
Project led by
Related commercial opportunitiesSearch all commercial opportunities
Looking for engagement?
Showcase your commercialisation opportunity today.
Talk to our team to discuss how growAG. can connect your innovation to industry.
Have questions? Find answers to our most frequently asked questions on research projects, commercial opportunities, organisations and more.