DataFarming - Series A $5m capital raise - investment opportunity
- Technology or agricultural investors, agribusiness, VC's or family offices
- Investors interested in supporting a precision agriculture and satellite data company to build out the product suite and scale globally
Yield is a key driver of profitability for farm businesses. 300 per cent variation in yield across paddocks is not uncommon. Understanding the cause of this yield variation within and across paddocks can improve production, reduce costs, reduce environmental impact, and increase input efficiency. There is an opportunity to build neat and intuitive technology solutions so growers can realise the benefits of precision agriculture and farm data.
Beyond the farm gate, agribusinesses and government lack clear and independent data on market conditions, such as area of fallow, planting progress, crop type, and even yield estimations. Satellite imagery, combined with other datasets, offer great insights to current conditions across the farming landscape.
DataFarming is an Australian agritech company that is developing integrated, easy to use, intelligent, precision ag technology solutions. DataFarming has ~40 per cent of Australian grain farms using their Digital-Agronomist platform, which equates to approximately 28,000 farms. They operate a freemium model, and therefore wish to continue to offer value added products to their customers. Whilst DataFarming operates in 50 countries already, the vast majority of users are in Australia. The platform is globally scalable, and as part of their software refactoring, they are making it more searchable and accessible.
DataFarming have also been working with 30 agribusinesses and research and development corporations to derive deeper insights into the current state of agricultural production across Australia, with their Agri-intelligence offering.
DataFarming is seeking technology or agriculture investors, agribusiness, VCs or family offices to participate in their Series A investment round to support them to build out their product suite and scale globally.
Pitch deck, investment memorandum, and data room available on request.
DataFarming streamlines the process of capturing data, developing insights, and harvesting value in complex agricultural systems. These solutions allow farmers, agronomists, and industry to access real-time spatial agriculture data, with the aim to reduce risk and improve production. Solutions are focus on removing the barriers to adoption of precision ag and satellite technologies. Spatial data analytics and artificial intelligence provide end users with simple, real time intuitive cloud-based solutions.
Some of the benefits of DataFarming solutions include:
- Satellite imagery every five days means farmers and agronomists can monitor their crops and pastures from above in near real time.
- Auto zoning means people can do variable rate applications of inputs in under five minutes reducing the software pain of the past. Variable rate fertiliser use is growing rapidly driven by high fertiliser prices.
- Multi-year STACK means that agronomists can select soil sampling sites with ease. Carbon companies are using STACK for baselining.
- Rapid-EM allows agronomists to easily map their clients’ soils and earn extra revenue.
- Agri-intelligence uses machine learning to derive real-time insights into agricultural production across the landscape.
Project led by
Looking for engagement?
Showcase your commercialisation opportunity today.
Talk to our team to discuss how growAG. can connect your innovation to industry.
Have questions? Find answers to our most frequently asked questions on research projects, commercial opportunities, organisations and more.