Cicada Innovation: Growlab grains challenge - accelerator program
- University spin-outs, startups, or small to medium businesses engaged in attempting to bring a commercial business to market. Preference will be given to businesses that are attempting to bring new scientific or engineering innovations to the grain industry market.
This challenge aims to tackle 4 main segments:
- Productivity gains - i.e. the use of robotics and automation of repetitive tasks
- Profitability – i.e. improving efficient use of inputs which reduce costs and maintain profits or increased nutritional value or yields which increase profitability
- Sustainable and ethical production – i.e. solutions that address resilience to climate change for both farmers and crops, reduce greenhouse gas emissions and being able to measure and demonstrate credentials of production systems
- Farm safety solutions - i.e. solutions that improve the well-being of employees and reduce costs by supporting a more productive workforce
With the global population expected to reach 9.7 billion by 2050, agricultural technologists and food science researchers must develop tools to reach the growing population’s needs. Funded and supported by the Grains Research & Development Corporation, Cicada Innovations is looking for 4 startups working in the grain industry to support their journeys to market growth and sustainability.
This 6 months coaching program is bespoke to each company so you get to work on the unique needs and goals of your business, as well as fast-tracking you into the Australian grain industry. The program will look different for each team but you should consider applying if you are looking to:
- Secure early customers in the grains industry
- Understand how to navigate the grains and agriculture market
- Get investment ready
- Stress test your business model and pricing with experts
- Build your team
- Refine your go to market strategies.
We are always looking for industry and business experts to support these startups once selected.
How to apply: Click 'Visit website' to submit an application directly through the Cicada Innovation website. To speak to one of the team, 'Enquire now'.
Express interest by
Opportunity led by
Looking for engagement?
Showcase your commercialisation opportunity today.
Talk to our team to discuss how growAG. can connect your innovation to industry.
Have questions? Find answers to our most frequently asked questions on research projects, commercial opportunities, organisations and more.