Buhler, Cargill & Givaudan: Scale It Up APAC Innovation Challenge
- Start-ups with projects in plant-based proteins wanting to access to partner facilities, technical assistance, product development help and mentorship - all while retaining IP and equity.
The Buhler, Cargill & Givaudan Scale It Up APAC Innovation Challenge is looking for plant-based protein start-ups that are ready to start market scaling.
- Introduce plant-based meat alternatives for consumer products or other opportunities along the value chain
- Use plant-based, dry ingredients, e.g. micro-algae, fungi, mycelia, novel plant-based proteins, oils and free-flowing liquids (but not slurries), or:
- Suggest a new plant-based protein source
- Closely mimic consumer experience of meat, or:
- Propose a unique taste profile
Start-ups will get an opportunity to join a community of like minded people and potentially:
- Pitch their project to the partners (Cargill, Givaudan and Bühler)
- Win an all-expense paid trip to develop a Proof of Concept (POC) at the Protein Innovation Centre in Singapore in Dec22/Jan23
- Mature/refine with partner companies
- Get long term mentorship with the partnering companies
- Collaborate with partner application centers for testing, scaling and launching. This includes complimentary trials at Singapore’s Protein Innovation Centre for a fixed period
All IP and equity will stay with the start-ups. Participants must be from Asia or Oceania (excl. China and India) and be able to travel to the partner facilities during the period of 1 Dec 2022 – 25 Jan 2023 (3 days in total).
Competition run jointly by Cargill, Givaudan and Bühler! The applications are now open and will close on 16 October 2022.
To find out more about the challenge and application process, click 'Visit website' or submit a question using 'Enquire now'.
Express interest by
Opportunity led by
Looking for engagement?
Showcase your commercialisation opportunity today.
Talk to our team to discuss how growAG. can connect your innovation to industry.
Have questions? Find answers to our most frequently asked questions on research projects, commercial opportunities, organisations and more.