Bayer Crop Science: Grants4Ag Challenge - enabling technologies for plant transformation
- Academic researchers and startups developing new plant transformation technologies for row crops, particularly monocots
The intent of this project is to enable research towards developing new plant transformation technologies for row crops, particularly monocots. Solutions of interest include:
- Novel ways to enhance starting material for plant transformation
- Novel delivery systems into plant cells
- Selection systems
- Innovative ways to enhance regeneration into plants with heritable traits (e.g. morphogenic regulators)
- New methods to enhance crop transformation
Current opportunity: What we can offer you:
- Funding Funding is proposal-dependent and typically ranges from $5,000 to $15,000. Prior recipients have used the funding for contract research, personnel, equipment and other purchases. Indirect costs are not included.
- Technologies Access to chemical libraries, DNA sequences and screening techniques will be provided on a case-by-case basis.
- Expertise Each award recipient will be partnered up with a Bayer scientist who will provide guidance and feedback on the project.
Bayer plant biotechnology’s trait discovery and development capabilities are further enhanced through an extensive network of external and internal partners.
Other potential applications
Introducing new traits and gene-editing technology adds complexity to the transformation system and requires extensive research and innovation. Bayer is looking to collaborate and support innovative scientists that can help us advance plant biotechnology’s trait discovery and development capabilities.
For more information about this opportunity please submit an enquiry by clicking "enquire now". You can also read more about this opportunity and Bayer here.
Express interest by
Project led by
Related commercial opportunitiesSearch all commercial opportunities
Looking for engagement?
Showcase your commercialisation opportunity today.
Talk to our team to discuss how growAG. can connect your innovation to industry.
Have questions? Find answers to our most frequently asked questions on research projects, commercial opportunities, organisations and more.