AgriFutures Chicken Meat Program Open Call
- Researchers, solution providers and innovators to propose research projects that address Australian chicken meat industry priorities
- Collaboration with other research providers and co-investment from industry partners to enhance research outcomes and commercialisation opportunities for the Australian chicken meat industry
Open call background and scope:
AgriFutures Chicken Meat Program investments are driven by the Program’s Strategic RD&E Plan. The current Chicken Meat Program Strategic RD&E Plan has four priorities that aim to improve the sustainability and productivity of the Australian chicken meat industry.
The Program supports increased knowledge and understanding that fosters an innovative, adaptive and valuable chicken meat industry. The Program focuses on chicken meat production in Australia from genetic factors, through to production and post farm-gate processing.
AgriFutures Australia is seeking proposals for the Chicken Meat Program that address at least one of the four priorities within the AgriFutures Chicken Meat Program RD&E Plan 2019-2022. The Program has an annual budget spend specifically allocated for RD&E projects focused on outcomes aligned to the Strategic Plan.
AgriFutures Australia welcomes Preliminary Research Proposals, that address one or more of the objectives within the AgriFutures Chicken Meat Program RD&E Plan 2019-2022.
The Strategic Plan is structured around four key objective areas:
- Improve food safety of Australian chicken meat
- Develop and implement measures to improve industry impact on the environment
- Improve chicken meat production through the whole supply chain
- Improve ability to meet consumer needs.
We also support and encourage proposals that address the following key areas:
- Surveillance, monitoring and diagnostics of vvIBDV in meat chicken flocks in Australia. This work will include developing a preparedness plan for disease prevention and management.
- Environmental sustainability:
- Based on existing lifecycle assessment data, establish industry emission benchmarks and develop monitoring tools for measuring industry progress on future reductions
- Develop and deliver an industry focussed sustainability summit
- Nutritional strategies to help improve the impact on the environment
- Preparing for and managing the risk of Salmonella Enteritidis (SE) in the chicken meat industry:
- Scoping study and risk assessment of endemic SE, specifically comparing NSW and Qld strains
- Preparedness plan for SE, including endemic strains
- Food safety – managing campylobacter on-farm and in processing
- Animal welfare training across all areas of the supply chain
- Animal welfare criteria – suitability and relevance for an Australian climate.
How to apply:
Click 'Visit website' button above. The AgriFutures Website outlines the following:
- assessment criteria
- researcher submission checklist
- how to make a submission
- terms of reference
- contact and timelines.
Express interest by
Project led by
Related commercial opportunitiesSearch all commercial opportunities
Looking for engagement?
Showcase your commercialisation opportunity today.
Talk to our team to discuss how growAG. can connect your innovation to industry.
Have questions? Find answers to our most frequently asked questions on research projects, commercial opportunities, organisations and more.