Grains Research and Development Corporation (GRDC): Accelerator Program
- Accelerators wishing to support the placement of grains focussed innovations
- Investors looking for opportunities to grow and transform the Australian grains industry
There is growing momentum in Australia and overseas for the development and greater adoption of agritech innovation through support of start-up incubation/acceleration programs. Many accelerators are diversified and industry agnostic, and new accelerators are being established on a regular basis. In Australia there has been a lack of grains-focused innovations in these emerging programs, and the Grains Research and Development Corporation (GRDC) wishes to engage with programs to deliver on grains-focused innovation opportunities.
By partnering with Australian accelerators, the GRDC’s Accelerator Program is designed to receive and support the assessment of the feasibility of novel and innovative business concepts, particularly those arising directly from non-traditional sources. This includes innovative growers, and researchers and innovators that are not regularly exposed to agricultural industry priorities.
GRDC is seeking proposals from interested respondents to collaborate, partner and accelerate the development and commercialisation of solutions focused on Australian grain industry priorities.
To support the development of grains-focussed innovation, GRDC proposes to interact with accelerator programs non-exclusively. This provides the greatest opportunity to match innovators with accelerators given the number of programs available and the potentially wide geographic spread of both accelerator programs and potential applicants.
Investments will need to be consistent with GRDC’s research, development and extension priorities which can be found in their Strategic Plan.
GRDC’s objectives are to:
- Support the placement of grains-focused innovations, identified as having commercial potential, into the existing Australian Accelerator Network
- Drive the delivery and adoption of new technologies and innovation concepts more broadly across the industry to make grain growers more efficient, profitable and resilient
- Develop new expertise and talent, attracted to provide innovation for the Australian grains industry
- Establish a new business model/mechanism to attract and deliver disruptive and transformational technologies and innovations
- Create new partnerships that accelerate commercialisation and increase collaboration between the Grains Industry and the Agtech ecosystem
- Invest for a period up until June 2023, subject to a successful initial review.
Details of the tender and the application process can be found on the "Visit website" button or for furher information you can get in touch via the "Enquire now" button above.
Express interest by
Project led by
Looking for engagement?
Showcase your commercialisation opportunity today.
Talk to our team to discuss how growAG. can connect your innovation to industry.
Have questions? Find answers to our most frequently asked questions on research projects, commercial opportunities, organisations and more.